Often the most precious gift a leader can be given is time away from everyday pressures to:
- Refresh skills
- Share experiences and ideas
The NHIVNA Academy aims to support its members by providing such an opportunity.
We asked you to identify topics which you felt would benefit yourselves, your teams and your patients.
Overwhelmingly our members highlighted the ability to influence change, influencing without authority and being able to maximise opportunity as the most pressing topics.
Following analysis of the survey results it has been decided to create and run a pilot module for 15 participants.
Module 1 - Making It Happen
Day 1 - Influencing Without Authority
Day 2 - Maximising Opportunity & Marketing
The first NHIVNA Academy Days were held on Wednesday 11 January 2017 and Wednesday 8 February 2017 in Manchester. Subsequent NHIVNA Academy Days were then held on Friday 19 January 2018 and Monday 19 March 2018 in Birmingham. All were very well received.
Future NHIVNA Academy Days will be publicised once confirmed.
Criteria to apply for the academy
- Must be able to attend both the academy days.
- Must be will to contribute to group discussions and share ideas.
- Senior nurse.
- Work within HIV care.
- NHIVNA member.
- Please highlight any projects or innovations that you have/are developing that you would be willing to share.
- Applications are currently closed.
The NHIVNA Academy has been sponsored by ViiV Healthcare