Objectives and Powers
NHIVNA is a registered Charity in the United Kingdom since 2003 (Registered Charity Number: 1099074)
Click here to download the Constitution of NHIVNA.
The Objects and Powers of the National HIV Nurses Association (NHIVNA) are listed below.
The Charity’s objects (“the objects”) are:
- To advance education amongst members of the nursing profession about good nursing practices and to promote improved standards of nursing care of patients with HIV.
- To promote research into the promotion of HIV nursing skills and to publish the results of such research for the benefit of the public.
In furtherance of the objects but not otherwise the Executive Committee may exercise the following powers:
- Raise funds and to invite and receive contributions, provided that in raising funds the Executive Committee shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities and shall conform to any relevant requirements of the law;
- Employ such staff (who shall not be members of the Executive Committee) as are necessary for the proper pursuit of the objects and to make all reasonable and necessary provision for the payment of pensions and superannuation for staff and their dependants;
- Co-operate with other charities, voluntary bodies and statutory authorities operating in furtherance of the objects or of similar charitable purposes and to exchange information and advice with them;
- Establish or support any charitable trusts, associations or institutions formed for all or any of the objects;
- Appoint and constitute such advisory committees as the Executive Committee may think fit;
- Do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of the objects; and
- Make, alter, add to or repeal byelaws for the conduct of its business.